Saturday, April 4, 2009

So Molloy had this event where art collector's and appreciator's came together to support and buy art from some other school, (I'm not entirely sure) over a fancy dinner. Now I know this is not a top of the line art event, but I couldn't help but to look around, I manage to hang around for about a half hour before they threw me out haha. I know it's stupid but everytime I'm at a opening at a gallery or even a student show, I get all giddy because I want that for myself. My work has always been true to me and no one else of course but I want that feeling of being appreciated by strangers who just look at the visual vocabulary I've presented to them and have a conversation with it, that's what I love about today's art, the root languages are pretty much dead, but there are a whole mess of new dialects being formed, and the viewers of today double as translators, spreading the word of a new poetic structure on the scene. I wanted that feeling of accomplishment when a collector buys a work of art for a ridiculous price, but unfortunatley that means I would have to historically relevant, which won't happen, until i'm dead anyway.....

this art thing is confusing, but I think I'm getting closer to getting it, for myself anyway...

1 comment:

  1. Your blog has been selected as one of the Whitman Creative Studies Best Blogs of 2009. Be prepared for comments from future program participants.

    F - congratulations on creating such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete