Monday, May 25, 2009

Freelancin' in a Bad Economy

well a SHITTY economy really, nothing seems to be looking up, and no one I know (including myself) is having any luck finding a decent job, I've been laid off a few jobs, and I had no idea what to do, then out of nowhere I remember my good friend's mother who's an art teacher at my high school explaining to me that digital art is hot right now. So I took her advice and hit the books, and video training programs, and youtube tutorials, and read more books. I've been studying the digital arts for a few years now, but I've only recently been able to understand it. After a few months of self discipline I finally got the courage to offer my new freelance service, Web Design. Pardon my french (well actually I really don't care) but I was shocked as fuck with the results. It's only been a couple weeks and I'm designing web sites, pages, myspace layouts everything. I've been so busy I don't have time to create MY OWN SITE, which will be up by july I hope :)

If I could recommend anything to the struggling artist, I know I know I feel your pain, Digital art doesnt have that human touch, however it's one hell of a money maker, so suck it up and get some digital skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment