Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Trend Rant

I thought this would be a fun exercise to do. Trends that piss me off. Russo would approve.

I hate hate hate, High School Art. It's so boring and stupid, and yes I realize I was there too, but I've always made abstract art not this trendy shit. Here are some examples of what "Artsy" kids in High School enjoy.

- Intense Eyes. Look at the Eye it is the window to your soul. Might be interesting but not when the 17 year old goth is doing it.

- The Withering Rose. No Comment

- The bloody heart. nothing but teen angst.

- The tree silhouette. Just because your favorite band has this as an album cover doesn't make you cool.

- Making cute things evil. Girls do this a lot. Evil puppy, Evil Ballerina, Evil Eye, Evil Child, Evil Baby, Evil Girl........

- ANYTHING out of ALICE IN WONDERLAND

- body parts coming out of body parts.

I think that's it.

As far as music goes.

- Myspace bands - Now what is a myspace band? A band who gets really popular and a record deal because they have many friends on myspace. Musically what do they sound like. I generally bring it down to 2 different things. There is A) The pretty boy group who act hardcore even though they are not cause girls think they are cute. Ex// 3OH!3 and B) The band that goes rawwrr ROAR I HATE MY MOM RAWWWWRRR then they sing the melody with a voice higher than a church choir soprano, then back to RAWWWRR. Examples of this dumb shit are// Drop Dead Gorgeous, The Devil wears Prada. Look these ppl up, you'll see the source of my bitterness.

Social Trends:

I hated Emo, Scene was worse and why is everyone a goddamn hipster?? Why do chicks wear ridiculously large sunglasses?? and put big bows in their hair? It's cute???no it looks dumb!! Scene chicks always looked like the kinda hooker that the Joker would pimp. And Hipsters, and "artsy" ones at that.....grrrrrrr always "in" with whats new, and always bringing back old fashion failures and turn them popular, for example, why are legwarmers in again? and Every hot hipster girl for some reason thinks thinks they are a Great Photographer just because they take classy back and whites, or they think they are great actresses just because they were in drama club in high school........ Hipsters just piss me off.

People who say "Fail", "Epic", "FailBoat", "lawl", "Roflcopter", "Win" "For The WIN" "Did he die?" or any combination of these, if you go on youtube often you know what these things mean.

Twilight was the worst book ever written. Poor Story, Weak Characters, the author has the vocabulary of my 13 year old sister. The movie was worse. The ONLY REASON it's so popular is that Edward Cullen is every Emo girls wet dream, that and a 24 hour Hot Topic.

I guess that everyone forgot about MJ's molestation charges?

and Finally Film

STOP REMAKING CLASSICS AND/OR PERFECTLY FINE MOVIES. PHELAM 123 WAS GREAT IN THE 70'S AND THERE IS NO NEED TO REMAKE NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, OR HALLOWEEN, OR FRIDAY THE 13TH....


that's it.. Now this raises the question "What pisses you guys off?" Is it people like me? who tend to be arrogant and unwillingly to conform to lady GaGa's Disco Stick? Cause I don't shave my body hair, shop at some trendy hollister type store and pump to cheap club hits? Or Do you agree with me? or you undecided, because you don't have enough brains to make your own damn decision?

By The Way, Britney Spears and Twilight are on my list on reasons why kids today are so fucking stupid....

2 comments:

  1. You're right. I do approve. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should be the president of america because with views like that i would vote for you loololol

    ReplyDelete