Monday, March 1, 2010

Random Sun Poem?

I don't want to shine
I don't want to gleam, gloss, glitz
luster, glow, glitter or flicker
What's the point?
All I ever do is cause burns,
droughts, and cancer
What's the point if you can't even look at me?
I've made baby girls cry,
I've made great men blind
So FUCK being the center of the universe
the only thing,
the ONLY thing universal about me
would be the collective and unanimous
bitching and moaning about how hot and bright I am,
Let's see how "forgiving" your precious water is
When the moon takes over...
So what is the point?
When the world turns it's head, so does everyone else
and I scream at the top of my lungs
TEACH THE TRUTH TO YOUR KIDS!
The truth is that I never physically set,
The truth is I AM God, so to speak
but you don't teach the truth to your kids,
and I am taken for granted,
If you don't teach the truth to your kids
Then what's the point of it all?
What's the point?
What's the point?
What's the point?
I don't want to beam, flare, or radiate
I don't want to shine anymore.

1 comment:

  1. This is a damn good poem! I notice that your writing has gotten even better over the last year.

    A few more pieces like this and you will definitely be ready to put together your book!

    ReplyDelete