Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shadow stuff.

Poem

If you were to walk in
my bedroom on this
particular Sunday morning
You'd be pleased to find
that I have hung myself
leather bound like the bible
You'd know exactly
why I did it too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Haiku

If Death comes knocking
Tell him I got his message
and took care of it
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Poem

Who would have guessed
that my last moment alive
would be spent
screaming
at a pick up truck
who would have thought
that my angel of death
would be
a 40oz. of Old English
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of putting together a "Whitman Sampler." Its' basically the best pieces of creative writing from the past three years of the program. I'd like to put a few pieces of yours in this volume, if that's ok with you. If it is, I just need to know whether you'd like me to use your actually name in the book or your user name for the blog.

    I'm extremely proud of the work that you've produced. I hope you keep it up!

    Warmest regards,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. One or more pieces of your writing has been published in the first Whitman Sampler. The sampler represents the best writing of students in the program over the past three years:

    http://whitman-sampler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete